Saturday, October 24, 2015

You Know What? I'm Okay With That..............






As the chill in the air becomes tangible, trying to sneak it's way into the sleeves of your sweater, up your pant legs, and into the very pores of your skin, the fact that we are officially creeping up on the end of another year becomes very apparent.



We only have a couple of short months left in this the year 2015. Whatever will we do with it?!


So many ideas, so little time!



Maybe it will be easier to come up with a list of what I won't be doing. Not even a little bit......


1. I won't be applying for a job with Cirque du Soleil.......

2. I won't be hang gliding

3. I won't be crossing any rope bridges that span mountainous ravines.......

4. I won't be heading over to Kim and Kanye's for coffee............


Okay........... maybe it is easier to come up with a few things that I will be doing....



Before the year is up I would like to..............


Spend a day in bed watching Netflix, eating junk food and drinking wine...............................

Hang out with family for no particular reason.......................

Sleep like a teenager........................

Have a reason to get dressed to the nines.................

Put a smile on the faces of at least 100 strangers...............

Read a completely self-indulgent novel from start to finish without interruption,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,



I know these may not seem like lofty goals or be incredibly ambitious, but, you know what? I'm okay with that.


So much of life is about what you can get done and the time in which you can do it. Our lives are dictated by schedules and deadlines, commitments and guilt trips. We are bombarded on social media, tv, and in magazines, by messages of not being pretty enough, skinny enough, rich enough, not having enough, not doing enough, ............blah blah blah


I am not Martha Stewart with Bill Gates' money, Mother Theresa's patience and Beyonce's body.



And I'm okay with that.



I'm making a promise to myself, and I hope you do too. I promise not to be consumed by schedules and commitments. I will meet what is necessary, but won't allow them to smother me. I promise to give myself permission to goof off once in a while. I promise to cut myself some slack, and not hold myself to a higher standard than I hold everyone else.

I promise to be nice to me. And I'm okay with that.




Well, it's been, thankfully another busy week at the shop, and as you might have guessed, it was one driven by deadlines.


We are dealing with a ton of insurance claims at the moment....let's hear it for bureaucracy..where simple and direct is an unheard of concept....................


We managed to squeak in some rehearsal for our upcoming Halloween show.............

Put the finishing touches on our costumes...............

Squished a kidlet or three.............



As for the next few..............


It will be busy at the shop..................


Rehearse...........

Write.............

Pack and load up for the show.............


But, first........


It's off to the city to hang out with family for no particular reason,,,,,,,,,,,



And that, my friends about does it for another week.......


Until next time...........



May your gentle heart be kind to those you meet and to the one reflected in the mirror.
May the "to do" list that truly brings you closer to what you really want, become ever clearer.

May you see the only rules in life are to be kind, and be authentically you.
May you understand there will be no measure of treasure, only how gently you got through.

May you embrace the benefit of down time, the idleness, the peace.
May you let it in, take a breath, let the struggles go, release.



Until next time please check out my website www.margyreidbooks.com
























No comments:

Post a Comment