Saturday, November 21, 2015

Santa Has His List, I Have Mine.........................




Hi!



Before I even begin, I want to assure all of you that I am fully aware of all of the tragedies in the world and the impact they have on all of mankind.

I also want you to know that I am absolutely conscious of the fact that the following is complete and utter frivolity, and totally meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

Now, I shall commence whining............


I am afraid I have some bad news.........


My laptop is on death's door......no no, shed no tears, for it owes me nothing. Yes, the "Z" is missing, the exclamation mark sticks a bit, and she has had to make a trip to the tech doctor a few times, but I thought she might just have another book or two left in her well seasoned keys.

But, as I tried to start her the other day, her screen remained lifeless.  She has had some signs of hesitation a few times in the past, but I thought we had worked through them.

No, this time, I believe she is done.

Thankfully, the tech doctor will be able to basically do a brain transplant into another laptop. He assures me there should be no permanent damage. Everything should be able to be retrieved, intact.

This laptop has provided countless hours of music, Djing weddings, parties, and anniversaries. It has carried me through the baby steps of writing my first few words of Lexi's Magic Clothes, to now, well into my fifth children's book and first novel.

She owes me nothing.

Writing on another laptop will feel kind of weird and unfamiliar. I am using a temporary stand in for tonight, and if it's any indication, it will take a bit to get used to. For instance, I just had to go back and fix 5 typos in that last sentence.

Okay, I'm done whining............



This week has been another busy one on all fronts.......


Gratefully, things are still hopping at the shop............

I took part in a mid-week trade show........

Did a bunch of running around with errands......

Got a bit of Christmas shopping done......

Then today, participated in another tradeshow about 2 hours from home.


The photos at the top of the page give a peek into the day.


Our journey was about an hour old, when the sun decided to join the party.......man, we live in a pretty spectacular place..........

Then, upon arrival, we were able to get set up just in time for the doors to open to the public......

The last photo is kind of special. I can't explain why I haven't done this before, and, I think I will try to make it a habit.  These are the names of most of the wee ones who will be on the receiving end of books purchased today.

Some will be opened over the Holidays, some will be read at bedtime tonight, yet others will be making their way to far off places, in shoe boxes, alongside other goodies, to be opened by some who otherwise, receive little.


From tragedy grows strength. From diversity grows wisdom. Maybe, with all that is going wrong in the world, right now we, as humankind, will learn to harvest these, and feast on peace.




As for the upcoming days........



I know for sure I will be going to work.....

I know I will be taking my laptop in for a brain trasplant.............



Other than that, I could get struck by lightning or win the lottery, it's a crap shoot, really...........



Oh, and write.........I know I will write............




Well folks that about does it for another week.............




Until next time............





May you find a giggle in the little things, allowing the absurd to tickle your funny bone.
May life's natural slaps of irony send laughter to your depths, whether with others, or alone.

May satire delight and not offend, as it's rarely intended to do so, though, your choice, as a comedy consumer.
May you find, though, a way to lighten your heart, enjoy the silly, rekindle your dampened sense of humour.

May you see the value in laughter, even in the throws of our darkest pain.
May you know we have nothing to lose with laughter, but everything to gain.



Until next time, check out www.margyreidbooks.com to tick a few names off of your Christmas list!






















No comments:

Post a Comment