Saturday, November 28, 2015

Sneezing...........Toothpaste........Yeah, That Just Happened...............


Hi!






'Tis the season! Decorations are going up and having a grandkid hangout while parents are at a work related holiday gathering!


Some pizza, ice cream, popcorn, a Disney movie, and general goofiness were definitely in order.


So another busy week has passed and as a public service, I thought I would share some of the observations that, for me, have come to pass. You never know when one person's observations could save another's life, or at the very least some aggravation............


I guess the first thing is.........if at all possible, avoid sneezing when you are in the middle of brushing your teeth..............and we all know sneezes tend to come in threes............and I'm 49.............and have had four kids..................and this was in the morning.

So, I have to assume the mystery is completely gone now that my Honey walked in on me as toothpaste was spraying out of my nose, eyes watering profusely from the terrible burning, (3D White formula, no less), as I am simultaneously, desperately trying to undo the drawstring of my pajama pants before.......well you get the picture.


The second thing.................A strategic rewriting of certain "Frozen" song lyrics formulated to include specific bodily functions will make a seven year old boy laugh until he can't breathe. It's likely not completely appropriate, or appreciated, but, I'm the Grandma............ so I can...........


The third thing.................two year old little girls have the power to make grown men sit in the middle of the kitchen floor and eat toast. They wield this power mercilessly with the simple flash of big blue eyes and the utterance of a few simple words..........."Pleeeeeaaassse Pompa, sit on your bum!"


If this public service has helped even one person, it will have been worth it.


As for the upcoming days.............


Well, the next few will be spent writing..............My hubby will be participating in some tech training classes to stay current with all things RV. As he is doing so, I will be hunkered down in an undisclosed hotel room strapped to my laptop. (The recipient of the brain transplant mentioned in previous ramblings)


Then, it will be back to work at the shop, where things are humming right along....................


I also will be accompanying my daughter to a doc appointment (might just be finding out if this next little peanut is a girl or boy!)

I also am hoping to get a start on some Christmas baking.............



Well folks that about does it for another week........remember to check out www.margyreidbooks,com for some gift ideas!


Until next time I will leave you with this wish.................


May pleasant surprises fall at your feet, making your days pass brightly.
May you spend time with those you hold dear, smile big, squeeze tightly.

May you never miss the chance to smile at unfamiliar faces, for yours may be the only one they see.
May you never underestimate the power kindness carries, the power to lift heavy spirits, power without fee.

May you, as you scramble for the "perfect gifts," please keep in mind, one thing.
May you see there is no "perfect," only what you hope they'll like, albeit a rubber chicken or frosty bling.









www.margyreidbooks.com







......

No comments:

Post a Comment