Saturday, January 16, 2016

Real Family Strips For Little More Than Pizza!


Hi!


Okay, now that I have your attention, please pull your mind out of that Vegas bachelor party you popped into!  I hate to disappoint, but the only stripping going on around here has been old wallpaper off my living room wall.


I know some out there really like wallpaper, some may even love it. (I am so sorry you must carry the burden of this crippling disability.) But, in my experience, I believe it was the brainchild of Satan and whoever invented crazy glue. Even though I knew full well, the pain that the stripping of it would cause, I simply couldn't bring myself to look at the velvety pink flowers any more.

Thankfully, the removal of this Pepto-Bismol inspired design that could very well have been the runner-up for the walls of Barbie's Dreamhouse, wasn't nearly the nightmare similar ventures have previously been.

This is, in part, because our kids and grandkids did most of the stripping this time around, and partly because the gods felt sorry for us for not letting us win the kabillion dollar American powerball lottery, this was Karma's kind consolation prize.

Regardless of the reason, the most important thing is that the stripping is complete. The painting has commenced, and I will never have to have my eyes assaulted by the velvety pink flowers ever.... again.


Speaking of American politics........................



Man, is their election process ever a long dragged out mess. I thought our election and the campaigning leading up to it took the mudslinging too far. Compared to the playground antics from the runners down south, our guys were pretty dang tame!

They take longer to figure out who is even going to run for president than our whole campaign, election and swearing in of our Prime Minister combined.

Has their election process always been done this way, or is it something that has been a more recent development, cultivated by media? I'm wondering the reasons behind the year+ long process. Does it help the voters? If so, how? If not, why do it? Hmmmmmmmmmm

Anyway, it's interesting to watch.......from afar.



Speaking of toddlers........................


The next chance you get, challenge a 2-3 year old to this toddler tongue twister...


The vanilla spaghetti rode the ambulance to the aluminum helicopter.


Remember, it's not nice to laugh at children...... unless you give them a sucker...... then it's fine. (Before any angry emails are sent my way, I just want to assure you I do not condone laughing at children, oh, who am I kidding, kids are hilarious!)




Anywho...................



The past week has come and gone. It was a full one, mostly good. Mostly good is pretty dang good.


The shop is humming...............good.


Our daughter, her hubby and munchkins have excitedly moved into their new home..........good.

No more pink flowered wallpaper..............good.

There was more than enough evidence splashed across the tv news proving that mankind has not yet figured out how to live on this planet without cultivating and nourishing hate so it blossoms into this innate desire to destroy one another.....not so good.


People close to me are having a tough time with life right now, and there is little to nothing I can really do about it.......not so good.


I have the privilege of waking up each day in a warm, safe house, next to the best person I know, not having to worry about where my next meal is coming from.......pretty......dang.......good.


Well folks, gotta run.....more painting to do....................



Until next time..........



May the opportunity arise to eradicate the velvety pink flowers in your life, removing them once and for all.
May you seize the chance for change, not fear it, for stripping it away may not be as difficult as before... different paper.... different wall.

May you see that holding on to the joy-sucking flowers, simply because your afraid to remove them, keeps you from finding what would make you smile.
May you move past the fear, rip it off, it will most definitely be worthwhile.

May you take your time picking what comes next, having a blank space for a while gives your heart a chance to paint a picture of what can be.
May you take the time to really figure out what you'd like to look at, what you'd like to feel, not trapped in pink flowers, but free.



Until next time...........



www.margyreidbooks.com





































No comments:

Post a Comment