Friday, August 5, 2016

Balance = Beer Pong. Nuff Said.





Hi!

They say that life is about balance. Hell, I've said it myself, I don't even know how many times.

But what exactly is this elusive prize, and how exactly do we go about getting it? Is it like the characters in Pokemon go? Do we wander around and wait to be told where to go? Or, is it more like tag, where your success is wholly dependent on how fast you can run.


Personally, I'm hoping it's like beer pong. With practice, I can do nothing but improve, and, the more I try, the less I worry about it.


Okay so now we have that figured out. Balance = Beer Pong. Good.


All joking aside, balance can be a pretty hard place to get to. To take care of all of the "have to's" in life takes a lot.  The weight and breadth of that list is longer and heavier, for some than it is for others. It depends on your life, lifestyle, life situation etc. It also depends a lot on how you're wired. Some people thrive on the chaos, others find themselves loaded up and overwhelmed on a regular basis. It's tricky, because there is absolutely no way of knowing, from the outside looking in.


We can only look at others' lists through our own perspective. It's simply not possible to do anything else.

When someone tells you they are struggling, don't look at their list, see them. The size, shape and weight of their list ceases to matter. How you would handle it, irrelevant. Judging the list itself, pointless, for you can only see it through your eyes.

When someone tells you they are struggling, listen. Hear them, see them.

Balance. The trick is to have enough self left after the have to's. Carving time out of places where it feels like none currently exists. Challenging situations that are no longer working in your life, and creating the change to make it better.

I think imbalance happens when we slip out of the driver's seat and start riding shotgun. Though I believe it to be true that we have no real control in life, it is our job to navigate and build our way through it the best way we can.

I am of the belief that if you are passive about your life, it will simply pass you by. I can think of nothing that would make me more sad, than getting to the end of my time here, looking back, and seeing nothing but uniform check marks beside a pristine "have to" list.

I know the check marks need to happen, but they are not the only things that need to happen.

Colour outside the lines, create, play, do things. Fun things. If your life is not leaving room for these things, make room. It might be hard, but you can do it with practice. Beer Pong.

Nuff Said.



********************************************************************


Well, this week was an interesting one............



Just in case I haven't mentioned it lately, I recently turned 50.

I will never complain about the privilege of getting older, for there are so many who never get to do it.

That does not mean that I am oblivious to some of the challenges it is presenting, small though they may be.

For instance, this week, 50 kicked my ass. Without getting too graphic, let me just say, I would be none too upset if this whole menopause thing would just hurry up and do what it's gonna do, and be done.

I apologize if this offends anyone, but I can't help but think that I'm not the only one frustrated by the process.

Patience. I guess. I don't really have a choice. Sucks. Okay, I'm done now.


I guess the upside of having a bit of downtime is that I was able to get Flitflee Flanderfoodle up on my website! Yay!

I was also able to get some bookmarks ordered for upcoming tradeshows, along with a banner with a big ol' pic of my mug on it. I know I have to get used to the idea of promoting myself, but some things are still pretty uncomfortable for me. Like my face on a giant banner. Colouring outside the lines isn't always as easy as it seems.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure I have become a small claims court expert from all of this week's Judge Judy and People's Court episodes.

The downside to this downtime, is that I was a little too hopped up on pain meds to make any headway on my novel. But, that's what today is for...........................



As for the days ahead............


WRITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Spend some time with family, this weekend.................

Get caught up, and then some, at the shop.......................

Squeeze a grandbaby or four................



And with that, I'm going to run off and dive into my novel, it won't ever get done it I don't get get busy putting ink to paper..................................


Until next time....




May your lists be short, your dreams long, and your walk between, filled with colour.
May any obstacles that seem insurmountable in the distance, as you get close, become smaller.

May all that makes your soul sing, come to you, ask for it, for you deserve every ounce of joy you feel.
May you recognize it when it arrives, for sometimes dreams can look different, up close, when real.

May you find balance between what you must do to survive, and what you need to do to be truly content.
May you let go of all of the worry, both past, and future, hanging on does nothing but keep you from being present.



check it out!  www.margyreidbooks.com

















No comments:

Post a Comment