Saturday, February 4, 2012

Ready For The "Go Time" Call!




Hello, folks!



Above, is a photo of my baby, as a baby, as she gets set to have a baby any time now. In fact, I wouldn't be terribly surprised to get the "go time" call at some point tonight. Or.... the little one may decide to get stubborn and make us all wait a bit longer. Who knows, right?


A strange thing happened this week, and not too surprisingly, it came from Ethan. Crystal,(eldest daughter, mother of Ethan), Kerianne ( youngest daughter, soon to be mom of the newest addition), Ethan (currently only grandson), and I, were sitting at the table having lunch, talking about the upcoming excitement. Out of the blue, Ethan, in his most grown up, almost 4 year old voice, chimes in with "I can hear the baby".
To this I replied "Oh, really?"
He proceeded with the following.
"Yes. And I remember being a baby in your tummy, Mommy. It was like having a blanket over my head, and I couldn't move. Then I came out of a mouth, only it went up and down instead of sideways."

Yeah.......we didn't know what to think or say, either. By the time we picked our jaws up off the floor, he was off and running, busily playing with his toys anyway. I'm still not sure what to make of it.

I have, at times, entertained the theory that we, as humans, are all born knowing all of the answers to the universe and it's troubles, then, throughout the course of life, and it's influences, we forget.

It's a nice thought, but at the same time, kind of a sad one.

This week also included Groundhog Day. Now, if you read my blog last week, you'll know I don't exactly put a lot of weight on this event. I did try, however, to bolster some enthusiasm for the grand day, only to once again be totally confused by the whole thing. One groundhog saw his shadow, another didn't, and yet another apparently didn't come out of his hole at all! So?????????? Now what???????????????? Early Spring? Late Spring? No Spring? I guess I just don't get it.


Also this week, I received some pretty exciting news on the book front. "A Crazy Day" received it's first official, published review!!!!! You can read it at: www.umanitoba.ca/cm/vol18/no21  I was also informed that one for "Lexi's Magic Clothes" will be in an issue coming fairly soon! I'd love to hear what you think about the review!

So folks, for the upcoming week?

Most likely we will be welcoming the newest addition to the Reid clan into the world.

Depending on the little one's arrival or lack thereof, I either will, or won't be going to work. (My own version of Groundhog Day lol)

The rest of the week will have to be planned a day at a time. I am hoping to put some more polish on the next book, though.

On Saturday, Feb. 11th,  I'll be doing a tradeshow at the Civic Center in Outlook,Sk. (Depending on baby, of course) If I can't make, my sister has agreed to pinch hit for me. I appreciate it sooooooooooo much! It runs from 10am-3pm. Stop by if you're in the neighborhood!

With that, if you'll indulge me, I'll leave with this wish for my baby about to have a baby.


May you embrace motherhood with gentle calm and fierce passion as you do with everything you do.
May you take the time to enjoy the snuggles, as time is so fleeting, and soon he'll be taller than you.

May you truly register and remember that very first gaze into your baby's eyes.
May you get that the overwhelming love you feel at that moment, never fades or dies.

May you know that no matter what life brings, you'll always be "my baby" to me.
May you know in your heart, though you've been an incredible kid, what a phenomenal mommy you'll be!

Until next week! Thanks so much for taking the time to read these ramblings!

www.margyreidbooks.net

No comments:

Post a Comment