Saturday, February 25, 2012

Winter Storms and Monkey Chunks!




Hi All!



Above is a photo in which I tried to capture the blustery February storm that is going through here this weekend. Unfortunately, wind is not very photogenic. But, you can take my word for it, it is very blowy and snowy. Not bad, though, it's only really snowed about twice this winter and we've only had a few days of the -40 business. All in all, not a bad winter. Listen to me! It's not even March yet and I'm talking like winter is on it's way out! That's Crazy Talk! It's Saskatchewan, after all! I believe it has snowed during every month of the year, here, with the exception of August. So, I better not start counting those spring chickens just yet.


Well folks, the first official review for "Lexi's Magic Clothes" was published this week! I can't even to begin to describe how exciting that is! It was pretty positive too!  the only criticism, really, was that it gets a bit monotonous for adults to read. Not so bad. The repetitiveness was very intentional on my part, kids love it! Anyway, here is the link, I'd love if you checked it out and let me know what you think!  http://www.umanitoba.ca/outreach/cm/vol18/no24/lexismagicclothes.html To let me know your thoughts you could leave a comment here or on my www.margyreidbook.net facebook page!


This week, I was able to take a bit of a run at getting the next book ready for Hazel. It's not finished, mind you, but it is closer to being done than it was last week. I'm rapidly running out of time, might just have to lock myself in a room for a day or two and just knock it out. No more lallygaggin'! ( real word, or not a real word, I'll leave the debate up to you)


When I do actually get the book finished and ready, the real decisions start. Font, size of font, size of book, layout, how many copies to get printed, how many more copies of "Lexi" and "Crazy" will I need? I try not to think about it all at once, if I do, I start to feel a bit overwhelmed. So, I really try to take it one thing at a time. Baby steps.

Speaking of which,





I Know! I promised I wouldn't pummel you with pictures of our little "Chunky Monkey", this, my friends, is by no means a pummeling, but a gentle nudge to the heartstrings. Okay, okay, I apologize. The Grandma-itis is still running fairly rampant. There is no cure, (thank heavens!) but, the symptoms do subside a little with time.


So! For the upcoming week......

No more slackin' off for this cookie.... back to work I go! (This is where you're supposed to feel sorry for me for having to return to my "job". You know, the one where I get to play lego, and tag with two year old twins........All together now..... oh you poor thing!) ( Not to mention come home to newborn baby snuggles!) It does require that I get up at 5am to get there on time, if that helps you to NOT want to smack me! lol

I can't believe how lucky I really am! Soooooo grateful.


Get new book finished!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Watch the Oscars!


Also this week, fulfill the tasks required of any executive domestic engineer.


I hope you all have a great week, and thanks for taking the time to read these ramblings. I am forever grateful for your continued support.



Until then I'll leave you with this wish:



May you find the time to take a walk, kick a rock or make a snowball.
May you find the time to read that book, watch that movie, or wander the mall.

May you catch a minute to find that old song which came to mind while you were folding socks.
May you take a second to facebook creep whats-his-name from highschool to see if he still rocks.

May you hold up a sec, have that second cup, before you run to your kids' rehearsal.
May you keep your butt upon the couch and not run and "do things" during the commercial.

May you know it's ok to, just sometimes, be truly still.
May you know, the running will all still be there afterward, it really, really, really....will.


Until next week!

www.margyreidbooks.net

No comments:

Post a Comment