Saturday, March 3, 2012

Playing "Hide/Peek" and Hunting Fake Rabbits!


Hi!

This week, an action shot depicting our eldest grandson "hunting" a battery operated hamster/rabbity looking thing with a  pvc pipe pop gun whose ammo consists of a cork on a string. He's 4, with some deeply running country roots, no further explanation necessary.


I was trying to think of some clever way to work this picture into some incredibly insightful metephor for life, but, you know what? Sometimes cute is just cute. There is something in the pic that brings to mind the old story.....what is it... oh yeah.... "Peter and the Wolf"! The version I'm familiar with was done by Disney, both the book and cartoon. If you have a chance, look it up, great story!


Alrighty then,


This week was a pretty busy one.

Monday, I went back to work. My munchkins are just too cute sometimes. One of the twins, about half way through the morning, looks at me all sad. MarMar bye bye, then grins, hugs me, and says, MarMar home!

Tuesday was full of baby snuggles and laundry.

Wednesday I booked off of work, and, after an appointment for baby, took Kerianne and Jakey home to her apartment to stay. I have very mixed feelings about the whole thing. On one hand, I'm so proud of her for being ready to stand on her own two feet so soon. On the other, we are going to miss them around here! Definitely going through newborn baby snuggle withdrawals!

Thursday was spent vacuuming, dusting, moving furniture around, laundry, scrubbing down bathroom and kitchen, yeah, pretty much anything but being still. The house was toooooooooooooooooo quiet.

Friday was back to work, where I began the first hide and seek, (or hide/peek, as they call it), lesson for the twins. One caught on pretty quickly, staying in the kitchen and counting as only 2 year olds can, and then would come and find me. The other, would follow me as he "counted" then, instead of hiding quietly with me, jump up, wave, and call to his searching brother, "Hello, Jay!"
They are so funny! We rounded out the morning with some snacks, some songs, some stories, and making carwashes out of vegetable brushes. All in all, a good day at "work."

That, my friends, brings me to today.

You may have noticed I'm posting a bit earlier than normal this week. That's because it's Telemiracle Weekend! Now, non-Saskatchewanites.....Saskatchewanians....Saskatchewanists......those not of Saskatchewan, may not be familiar with Telemiracle. In a nut shell, this is what it is......

A local telethon that is in the Guinness book of world records for raising the most money per capita of all time. This will be the 36th edition. The funds remain in the province helping those facing medical and physical challenges. It really is quite incredible, it makes me so proud to be a Saskatchewanianiteist! Google it if you get a sec, you'll see what I mean!

Also today......... I finished the new book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it is now officially ready for Hazel! Now, as soon as I hear from Hazel that she is ready for it, off it will go! "Tags Go In The Back" will hopefully be ready for stores by mid- August. This means I need to have it ready for the printer by the beginning of May. Here's hoping all goes according to plan.

"Tags" copyright is now registered as well, another thing ticked off of my list.

So, now for the upcoming week!

Hopefully get "Tags" sent off to Hazel.

Start putting the fine tuning in to "Tags" for printer. (Font, Font size, layout,etc)

Hopefully, receive, fill out, and send back the application for the Sundog show which takes place in Dec. ( I might get lucky!)

Extract dirt and other unpleasantness from the garments in which we enrobe ourselves.

Remove unwanted particles, both from where we rest our buttocks and place our feet, from our dwelling.

Like my fancy talk?



Until next week, I leave you with this wish........



May you look into the mirror and see yourself as others, who love you, do.
May you accept their vision of you as the truth,  no matter how you see you.

May you see past the wrinkles, grey hair, and the softness that stubbornly lives around your waist.
May you see the beauty of the life lived, the children raised, the dreams chased.

May you see beyond the once high and perky parts that have decided to start their migration South.
May you see the vibrant beauty and confidence that comes with time and wisdom without which there is no true voice emanating from your mouth.


Until Then!

www.margyreidbooks.net

No comments:

Post a Comment