Saturday, March 31, 2012

And "Tags" Makes Three!





Hi Everybody!



You guessed it! It's the cover for the new book! Soooooo cute, right?

I really couldn't be happier, or more relieved that the illustrations for this book ended up getting finished up without any major hitches. When Hazel told me she wouldn't be able to do this with me anymore, I was thrown for a bit, I'm not gonna lie.

Who knew I'd find, in Valerie Bouthyette, yet another kindred spirit. Someone who understands my crazy notes, and shares my, sometimes, very silly sense of humour. I'm very happy to have worked with her, and look forward to future projects.


Aaaaaannnnndddd, I have even mooore good news! My daughter was able to come home from the hospital on Thursday! They still have no real clue as to why an otherwise healthy, 25 year old woman would develop blood clots in her lungs, but hopefully, they will be able to nail down the reason over time. After she is able to come off of the medication they currently have her taking, they will be able to investigate it more thoroughly. It will take months. I can honestly say, the hours following the phone call informing us of the problem, were, without a doubt, the absolutely most god awful terrifying  hours I have ever spent.  To think what might have happened...........

I guess it drives home a deep belief I have. We don't have the right to waste the life we are given, nor take for granted the lives of others.

The rest of the week consisted of going to work, running errands, hugging some kids.....lots of kids, big and small, and a trip to the doctor.

After our little run in with that deer a couple of weeks ago, most of the bumps and bruises have pretty much healed. The only things still really nagging me are my neck and left shoulder. Well, I guess I'm going to be getting up close and personal with both a physio therapist and a massage therapist  over the next little while. I sure hope it helps.

So, for the upcoming week:

I need to get "Tags" ready for the printer. This can be a bit of a task for me. My computer skills aren't completely horrible, but, well. let me put it this way, I wouldn't want to challenge your average 8 year old to a computer skills contest. Not even a little bit.

These are skills that need improving, and improving they are. Another "outside my comfort zone" thing I've had to dive in to, head first.

Also, this week, I need to set up appointments at said physio and massage therapists. I'm not sure how it works, going to both, but I'm sure they will let me know.

This week, I really need to get busy putting the final touches on the music for our first wedding of the season.

I'm almost 100% sure I will be moving ahead with a "side project" I've been thinking about doing. It's another book, but, this one is for grown ups! I'll be sure to keep you posted, once it's official.

With Easter hopping up next weekend, I need to get a move on about putting Easter dinner together. I'm not sure how many will be here, I had better get a head count!

Going to work, and this "to do" list should, or at least, almost should, keep me out of trouble for the next few days.


I'd love if you shared the link to these ramblings, and my www.margyreidbooks.net facebook page, with anyone you think might be interested. Thanks!


So until next week, I'll leave you with this wish;


May you find it within your heart to love completely, with all your might.
May you let go of all transgressions, for grudges are heavy, forgiveness, light.

May you find the truth that forgiveness is not for those who have hurt you, or those, full of hate.
May you see it's really a lifeline that will pull you from beneath the comsuming weight.

May you not waste your life hanging on to hurts passed, for wasting life is not for us to do.
May you, instead, break loose from those binding pains, let your spirit fly with the freedom to let you become the true you.

May you see with crystal clarity that carrying past pain has no purpose, it will only hold you back.
May you let it all go, take a breath, and shine, and watch, as the world shines back.




See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment