Saturday, June 9, 2012

The "Wishes" Cover! Yay!





Well, here it is! The official cover for "Wishes"! I think it turned out pretty well, but I'd love to hear your thoughts!


This week, I received the printed proof for "Wishes" as well, and, now, as we speak, the presses are rolling! I'm both excited and a bit anxious about it. My greatest hope is that, in reading it, a few of you will get a smile or two, maybe a giggle, or maybe, just maybe, if I've hit the mark I've hoped to, you will get a bit of a glimpse of you and yours within it's pages.

With both "Tags" and "Wishes" coming out at the same time, I'm hoping I didn't bite off more than I can chew. On one hand, it seems like a good idea to work on promoting both at the same time, with trade shows and press releases and whatnot. But, it might get a little overwhelming, depending on what happens. Well, whatever that is, it's all good! I'll just have to take one day at a time, one step at a time, do what I can, and hope for the best!


This past seven days also included a kick-butt family b-b-q, which, as I'd hoped, included a lot of laughs, some memory visiting, some memory making, a few cocktails, and all-in-all a great time!

It is always so good to see everybody, but when it comes to times like this, when my sisters and I get the rare opportunity to get together, a bright light shines on the fact we are missing a very big piece of the Robertson sister puzzle. Our sister, Charlotte who passed almost 4 years ago now, was dearly missed. We lost her about three weeks before she was to turn 46, something that was not lost on me this year, as I turned 46. I miss her daily.

She remains a big part of the reason I began and continue to pursue my writing dream. She had to leave with so many things still remaining on her bucket list. Life and time are precious, and I continue to learn, everyday, not to put off happy things. Life is too short to live it unhappily.

Yes, we all still do what we need to do to get by, but our real lives, the ones beyond careers, possessions and money, our real lives, the stuff that feeds our soul, the stuff that makes us smile in our sleep, the stuff for which we would simply wither if made to do without, our real lives, this is the only stuff that ever matters. The rest is just noise to fill in the background.

Wow, ok, got a little into the deep end there.

On a lighter note..........................

The rest of the week was filled with the usual baby wrangling and hide and seek playing. It was also brought to my attention, once again, that I suck at crafts. It's a long story, so to keep it short, let it just be said that a 7 year old grounded me from doing crafts for as long as I live. So when I say I suck at crafts, please do not think I am being coy, or exaggerating in any way. I sadly, simply, suck. That is all.

Oh yeah, and for some reason, my website went down this week......hopefully my web guy will have it up and running within the next few days.


So to end a pretty rollercoastery (it's a word) week, the hubby and I kidnapped our youngest grandson (Jake 4 months today), for the weekend. I know I'm biased and all, but damn that kid is cute! I know I've promised to be good, but I might just have to pop a pic of him on here next week.


As for the next week......................


I'll be putting the finishing touches on the music for the wedding coming up very soon.

Cooking a turkey, making stuffing and gravy and work a library fundraiser. If your in the Milden area on Thursday around noon, stop by, say hi!

Chasing a couple of two year olds around and help them in their continuous hunt for "dandyweeds", what they call dandelions. Furthermore, I will be doing my level best to hinder the efforts of said two year olds in their determined pursuit to find new and unusual ways to injure, concuss, or otherwise maim themselves.


I also hope to get a start on writing a press release for "Tags" and "Wishes". I'll need to have one ready by around the 1st of July.

So, my friends, until next week, thanks so much for taking the time to read these ramblings. I appreciate it.




Until then I'll leave you with this wish......................................


May every year end class trip stay sunburn, bugbite, and injury free.
May every child get a turn to ride/pet/feed the favorite lamb/puppy/pony.

May no child become car sick, neither on the way there, nor on the ride back.
May they make it through without incident, without losing a jacket or backpack.

May you receive every note from the teacher with plenty of time to respond.
May you see the "trip" tunnel's end, for summer holidays are just beyond.




Have a Great Week!

www.margyreidbooks.net "like" me on facebook and share!



















1 comment: