Saturday, June 30, 2012

Weddings & Water Fights!


Well, hi!



The above pics are from the wedding we did last Saturday. It was beautiful. they had a gorgeous tent that housed the 450+ guests very comfortably. The weather was absolutely perfect and the people were terrific. We had the usual few who either thought the music was too loud or to quiet, too fast or too slow, but all in all, a great crowd. Even after about 6 hours of straight dancing the "one more song" choir was singing strong and loud. A couple of young gentlemen who had perhaps been partaking of the beverages in some rather generous portions, offered us $100 to play a few more songs. In situations like this, the Mom in me comes out. After turning him down as gently as possible, I told him no matter how disappointed he was right now, he would be much happier with himself in the morning. Although I'm sure the morning, for him, brought with it a plethra of other issues, being $100 lighter in the pockets, at least, wouldn't be one of them.


Yep, it was a great wedding, but a looooong day. We didn't get home until 4:45am. That, my friends is the time for which our alarm is set for work days. This made the beginning of the work week a little off kilter, but everything got back to normal soon enough. It does seem to take longer to get our systems back on track after a night like that than it did when we first started doing this 12 years ago.

It's still worth it. To see the smiles, delight and laughter. to see the bride and groom share their first dance as husband and wife, to see Daddies dancing with their toddler daughters, the gray haired grannies with their long haired grandsons, the look you see on the faces of the couple when they hear "their song."  To have even the smallest part in bringing that kind of happiness to a group of people, even just for an evening, it's without a doubt worth a couple of tired days.


The rest of the week went pretty well. I STILL don't have a press release written. I'm hoping to get some kind of mojo flowing with it soon. It seems the harder I try to come up with something the further the words retreat from my fingertips. It'll happen, I have faith. I just have to be patient with myself. Or at least, try.


We did, however, get a call for another show. We will be heading down to Denzil on July 21st for a full on karaoke show. I'm looking forward to it! It's always such a good time to head to my old home town. The people are great, I usually run into several old friends and still have a ton of family there, it's going to be a blast!


Also this week, I did a bit of snooping as far as trade shows for the fall. I haven't found any that will work yet, but am still looking. If you know of any smaller fall trade shows that are still taking applicants, please let me know, and I'll check them out.


To top off the week, we had most of our kids, my sister, her hubby and kids out for a bar-b-que today. It was a lot of fun. To keep a long story short, it involved a few water guns, a giant frisbee, some burgers, some watermelon, some cheese cake, and many giggles, especially from the munchkin gallery. A great day!





Now for the upcoming week............



As this is a long weekend it will be a pretty short work week. Maybe some divine inspiration will hit me for the press release.....maybe.

With any luck at all my web guy will get my website up and running again. Whatever is going on sounds complicated, something about some regulations, something or other. I don't know, he tried to explain it, and I know I'm not an idiot, but after about the first paragraph it started sounding like he was speaking a foreign language. Charlie Brown's teacher. 'nuff said. I hope it is fixed soon, that is all.


I also need to put more time into the wedding coming up on the August long weekend. I've started to work on it, but it still needs some time.

There will also be some quality time spent in my basement this week, rehearsing for the Denzil show. May hunt for some new music there as well.

Well folks, that about does it for this week. As my hubby celebrated his birthday yesterday I'd like to dedicate this week's wish to him...................




May you see each passing year as a right of passage, an honor earned, a blessing bestowed upon you.
May you know in your heart how absolutely loved you are, appreciated, valued, by us, your crew.

May you know I love you with all my heart even though I can sometimes be teasing and sarcastic.
May you know that this birthday poem could not stay completely heartwarming and fantastic.

May you know, although I have some grey hair, and need an assist from drugstore reading glasses, just the same as you.
May you, even knowing all this, keep in mind, I'll always be your junior by two years, count 'em two!


Happy Birthday My Honey!

Until next week check out my facebook page! Share and leave a comment, I love hearing from you!margyreidbooks.net











No comments:

Post a Comment