Sunday, September 30, 2012

On The Road Again...........


Well Hi!





This week, though pretty busy, was also pretty great.  The "Word on the Street" festival in Saskatoon was pretty much perfect! The weather was gorgeous, and living where we do, getting a day that feels more like July at the end of September, is a bit of a crap shoot.

I met a lot of great people, sold some books, even did a couple of interviews for newspaper and radio. Interviews that even actually were put into print and on air!  Go figure! As far as interviews go, I really think I like doing the spur of the moment ones better, there is no time to get nervous. I have one scheduled with a local cable TV show called "Lit Happens" coming up, and I have to say, I'm already getting nervous. Another jump outside of my comfort zone. But, you can't grow if you stay inside where it's all safe and cuddly and comfortable, there's not enough room. Scary or not, sweaty palms or not, shakin' in your boots or not.


Next up was the trade show in Unity. It began Friday afternoon and went until 4pm, yesterday. (Taking time for a bit of sleep!Lol) It's a show with a really nice variety of vendors, therefore attracts a really nice variety of shoppers. I guess, what you would call my ideal demographic was there in full force, Grandmas and people with munchkins! It's always such a rush watching a wee one grab their adult by the hand and pull them to my booth!


Then, last evening, we had the privilege of doing the music for a 60th wedding anniversary celebration. I have to tell you, it felt very familiar. A large family with lots of kids, where everyone was more than willing to kick up their heels! Toward the end of the evening, I was starting to have trouble finding the music that would get them on the dance floor, anymore. I wasn't sure what the heck was going on, as I don't usually have that much trouble reading a crowd.

When Randy went to the back of the hall to do a sound check, he had a bit of a chat with one of the guests, and asked if they were enjoying the music, his reply? "It's great! You guys just tired us out!"

So, needless to say, it wasn't a really late night!

It was kind of nice to be home before 2am!


So, for the upcoming week..........


Well, next weekend is Thanksgiving here in Canada, so I'll be spending the week getting ready for kids to come home.  I love having everyone under one roof, even if, these days, it's for short periods of time. It's going to be a good time. We'll have a few new faces at the table this year, in the way of new boyfriends and friends, the more the merrier!

Also this week, I'll be giving my hubby a hand with some RV jobs. I'm still not convinced that I am much of a help, but, if nothing else, I'm a good, tool-go-getter person!

There also better be some rehearsing done this week, we have some straight karaoke shows coming up,which involves a fair amount of singing on our part. Can't be having rusty pipes!


So, my friends, that about does it for another week, until next time, I'll leave you with this wish.........





May you dance, sing, enjoy, for life is sweet, and should be thoroughly tasted.
May you colour outside the lines, with polka dot skies, every colour used, none wasted.

May you have your heart beat through your chest for something that both frightens and excites.
May adrenaline driven anticipation become part of the fabric of all your days and nights.

May every day bring with it something different and unique.
May you run toward the next adventure, it's just over the hill, take a peek.



Check it out!  www.margyreidbooks.com

Books also available at McNally Robinson in Saskatoon and Winnipeg
















No comments:

Post a Comment