Friday, February 3, 2017

Look Forward But Be Here......A Work In Progress....................



Hi!

I know we have only just passed the ever-conflicting predictions of the magic gophers of Groundhog Day, but as I look at the birthday suit version of the trees in my yard, instead of dreading what could be, or not, depending on which magic gopher you pin your hopes on, several weeks of winter, I find myself embracing this time.


Maybe it's the forced slow-down of the literal pain in the butt I am currently dealing with, maybe it's having hit the fifty mark, maybe it's my menopausal inner furnace that is making something in my subconscious dread the heat of the upcoming summer, or maybe, just maybe, I'm finally learning, at some level, to live more in the now.

I think perhaps because my entire adult life has been about planning, preparing, organizing, and figuring out how to handle whatever is coming next, somewhere along the way I developed a hardcore habit of constantly looking down the road.

Although looking where you're going is important, after all, it is how you avoid crashing, it's equally important not to develop tunnel vision.  It's imperative not to rely only on your peripheral vision to take in your surroundings. It's important to take the time to really look and to, often, even pull over, step out, and soak in the complete panorama of where we are.

I thought I was getting pretty good at it, the whole looking around thing, and compared to 15, 10, or even 5 years ago, I think have made progress, for sure. Within the last couple of months, though, I have come to realize that I have barely scratched the surface. Progress, yeah, some, but still, a long way to go.

So whether it's my sore butt/hip, my age, or my inner furnace, I'm grateful for the heads-up. Look forward, but be here. Something I will continue to work on.

*****************************


This week has been spent performing bookkeeping duties (still being done at my dining room table)

It also involved a bit of cooking, some laundry, some housework and developing my skills as a netflix virtuoso.



In the upcoming days............


working, writing, more domestic goddess type things, and maybe a date night!


That about does it for another week.................




Until next time................




May your panoramic view be breathtaking in it's beauty, a mosaic encompassing the entirety of the life you call your own.
May you, when looking forward, not only plan and prepare but excitedly anticipate the upcoming unknown.

May the scars inflicted by a life not perfect be forgiven, for they are what makes each of us unique.
May we recognize that they represent battles, if not won, survived, they are the manifestation of our strength, not proof that we are weak.

May the past be an inspiration, not an anchor, let go of all things that weigh you down.
May choices made today reflect the future you want to live, preventing tomorrow's scars now.



Until next time............


www.margyreidbooks.com



No comments:

Post a Comment