Friday, February 28, 2020

The Pizza Made By Tiny Hands...






Hi!


Well, you haven't lived until you've tasted a pizza made by tiny hands.



These little moments, the pizzas, the hill slides, the bowl licking, the movie-watching snuggle piles, the sleepovers, these are sadly, fleeting. They give way to extracurriculars, friends, and school activities. Their lives fast outgrowing Grandma's lap.


So, as the big world spins with all of its importance, I'm going to take a beat.


The protests, the viruses, the stock market, the political unrest, all of it will be here when my beat is over.



In the meantime...


Once Broken was invited to participate in a contest wherein the top vote-getter's chances of being optioned for a movie can improve exponentially.


I finished in a solid fifth position. Not the top, but a long way from the bottom. (Thank you for voting!)

I try really hard not to attach any kind of expectations to things like this because they are such a crapshoot. But, I'm human, so, of course, I do.

It's hard not to be a bit disappointed, a little deflated.

I know the disappointed deflation will be short-lived. If I've learned anything in life, it's that events first perceived as disappointments can very quickly become something positive.

No, I didn't finish in first place, but I did make the top five! With forty stories competing for that top spot, that's not so bad.

I've learned through life experience that the nature of my soul is such that it can't help but hang all kinds of hopes on the very best of outcomes, a nature that also allows me to recover quickly when the best outcomes elude me.


In the meantime...

We will loudly and proudly be the shenanigators, as we help our eldest grandbaby celebrate his 12th birthday. He's about five minutes away from looking me square in the eye, and about ten from being a full-on grown-up. Fleeting.


In the meantime...

I'm going to take some long baths in a scented candle haze, embraced by soft music, sipping something fabulous.



In the meantime...

I'm going to spend some downtime with my hubby. Time spent not planning, figuring, worrying or working.



In the meantime...

I'm going to get closer to the finish line of writing "Once Battered," complete the illustrator notes for "Laney In The Middle" and "Busy Izzy,"



In the meantime...

I'm going to savour every bite of pizza made by tiny hands.


*********************************************************

Until next time...


May the flipside of every disappointment shine brighter than you could have ever dreamed.
May you see that downsides are rarely as dark as they first present themselves to be.

May you, when you feel the need, know the value of taking a beat, and take it.
May you see that downtime is needed, without it, we simply wouldn't make it.

*******************************************************


Thanks again for your votes!

To check out what you were voting for...

https://www.amazon.ca/s?k=once+broken&crid=1EDRJ7ZIAY02&sprefix=once+broken%2Caps%2C295&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_11

Once Broken




















No comments:

Post a Comment